Existing Member?

Europe 2017

A Tough Crowd

FRANCE | Thursday, 21 July 2016 | Views [261]

Considering that the water temperature is a cool 61 degrees (on a good day), these people are tough! When we first arrived, most people in the water, especially the surfers, were wearing wet suits. The air temperature is a delightful 72-73. Of course, the water isn't filled but there are a fair number brave enough to engage the cold water. And my big toe goes no further, when our pool is below 78 degrees!

The tides also present a challenge for swimmers and bathers. At low tide, there is a trek to the water's edge and at high tide, the sandy beach is reduced to a couple of feet of large pebbles which line the seawall.( Note the diving platforms in the Photo Gallery. ) The differences between the low and high tides are at least 12 ft. We did have two days of really warm weather when it actually was hotter than FL, but we are back in the 70's again and the children are back to shivering as their parents wash the sand from their little bodies and wrap them up in warm, fluffy towels.

Shrinking Beach

Shrinking Beach

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.