Existing Member?

Europe 2017

Rock and Not Roll

FRANCE | Tuesday, 19 July 2016 | Views [219]

This area is known for the magnificent natural splendor of its coast which is decorated with gigantic stone structures, some measuring as high as 60-65 ft. Walking along the coastal paths is exciting for two reasons. First, you have to be careful where you are walking because there aren't any railings and in some places the distance to the sea is quite steep. Second, the size and shapes of the boulders are incredibly spectacular. I like to speculate how much fun giants would have had arranging the formations at will. All of them are naturally occurring! As you walk along the twisting paths, each curve brings in to view a different thrilling vista. Large fields of heather add even more color to the scene.  Sailboats skimming by are a common site and all together you have postcard pictures.

Like cloud formations, one can see faces or animals in the rocks. Some of the more obvious ones have been give names.

Even the weather has cooperated for the last two days. There hasn't been a cloud in the crystal blue sky and the temperature has been a delightful 72 degrees. Check out the many photos in the gallery of this unique area.

 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.