Existing Member?

Europe 2017

A Great Fireworks Display for July14 Before The World Went Crazy Again in Nice

FRANCE | Friday, 15 July 2016 | Views [291]

Perrros-Guirec is the most well known little town in this region. It owes its popularity to the magnificent rock formations found along a long a lengthy section of its coast. Not only are the shapes extraordinary, but the color of the granite has a definite rose color tint to it and when it is polished, the color is even more evident. As the uncrowned capital of the area, everyone flocked here to view the fireworks. Now, I don't know about you but I love fireworks. However, I hate the crowds and even worse is having to fight the traffic afterward. Happily, we are directly across from the beach where the fireworks were set up! Therefore, our balcony provided the BEST viewing of the spectacular display. And we didn't have to worry about traffic. We just walked back into the apartment and closed the door! As usual the fireworks were outstanding. And because there was a breeze on the beach, there was no smoke buildup and the colors were crystal clear. Some of the fireworks continued to glow and flash four or five times with a variety of different colors from one rocket. After a great evening's entertainment we happily went off to bed.

(Fireworks in Photo Gallery)

Can you imagine my horror when I turned on the TV this morning to hear that there had been a terrifically horrid “attentat” in Nice. The number of dead kept going up, each time the news was repeated. And the scenes at the hospital and the interviews with witnesses sounded all too familiar and unbearably sad. I'd like to think that we are all safe in our homes and as we go about our daily routines and I pray that we will remain that way. But this horrible problem isn't going to disappear and we need to work together to find the most effective way to combat this cancer-like threat.

NIce Tragedy

NIce Tragedy

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.