Existing Member?

Europe 2017

The Joy and Comfort of Visiting With Friends

FRANCE | Saturday, 16 July 2016 | Views [366]

Every summer when we are in Bretagne, we get together with our dear friends, Rosy and Patrick.(We met over 10 years ago when we rented their apartment in La Baule. And it is Rosy, with her infinite patience, who has allowed my French to progress with our Thursday afternoon Skype sessions.

Since LaBaule is so far from Perros, we decided to meet half way for each of us and Pontivy was chosen because it is also a city with a very interesting history. (I'll give you a hint; it was once called Napoleonville.)

Whenever we get together we always have a ball. At first it seems weird to be speaking live but we soon get over that and fall into a comfortable conversation about everything under the sun – from sharing the most current pictures of grandchildren to politics in our respective countries, to the state of the world.

The weather mostly cooperated and within several hours we experienced strong winds, rain, sun and temperatures ranging 20-25 degrees! We explored the whole town by foot, enjoyed a lovely lunch in a newly opened resto (during the worst of the weather) and finished with a coffee at the “Grand Cafe” dating back to the time of Napoleon.

The time flew by and before we knew it, it was time to set out for Perros and LaBaule.

Kim and Rosy

Kim and Rosy

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.