Existing Member?

Europe 2017

SOOOO French

USA | Sunday, 26 June 2016 | Views [260]

Among other things, the French are on a health kick! This morning on my favorite French morning show, they did a whole segment on eating more healthy by cutting down on fatty meats and eating more fruits and vegetables. They showed a woman in the butcher shop directing the meat cutter to trim off all the fat from a piece of meat. Of course, in the markets you can buy bags of fat to use in cooking and just about every sandwich comes with some form of ham. In a large supermarket today there were so many different types of pork, it was staggering. Ed took one photo of just a tiny section.

The other inconsistency is the quantity of smokers of all ages on sees everywhere. For a short period of time, it really seemed that they were cutting down but not so anymore. Everywhere you turn, as soon as someone exits a building, supermarket, bank – they light up. And it's young and old, male and female! And unfortunately the butts all over tell the story!

The other day, in the rain, we parked in covered parking at our local supermarket. Can you imagine our surprise (not really) when we realized that to get to the store entrance, we had to first walk out into the rain from the “covered parking”!

 

Walk to store

Walk to store

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.