Existing Member?

Europe 2017

Trouville-Sur-mer Normandie

USA | Thursday, 23 June 2016 | Views [332]

The town next to Deauville is Trouville with a river running between them. We crossed the bridge and walked through the center of town to their beach. It is very wide and there is a large section just off the boardwalk with a giant “play” area including tennis courts, pony rides, cabin rentals, beach volley ball courts and much more. Seems to me like a great idea because your chances of being whacked by a soccer or paddle ball are greatly diminished. One of the most interesting sites was a group of five young men who were flying kites in unison like an elite air show. Never saw anything like it. Lots of practice and their precision was perfect.

Trouville is known for the lovely homes that face the water right on the beach. There is a row of them and they are quite nice.

The Trouville International Film Festival is currently going on. We can't attend however, because one has to be a member of the Festival Committee. And no one seems to know how a person becomes a member- this is so typically French! And the other problem is that Trouville doesn't have a movie theater either!! So, the festival is being held in a room in the Casino.

I think the basic difference between Deauville and Trouville is that the commerce in Deauville is separated more from the homes whereas in Trouville the two are mixed together. And just back from the beach, the town becomes very hilly. So, I am happy that we chose Deauville for our base.

Flight of Kites

Flight of Kites

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.