Existing Member?

Europe 2017

WHAT? A Beach Day

USA | Wednesday, 22 June 2016 | Views [382] | Comments [2]

We visited a pretty little beach town a few miles away yesterday called Houlgate. The beach was easily accessible so we took a peek. Amazingly, it was pretty crowded for a very cool and mostly cloudy day. It turned out the hordes were the local school district students having a class end -of-year trip. They marched over from their school and they were having a ball on the beach. They were playing tag, soccer, digging tunnels and playing catch. None entered the water and other brave “bathers” were wearing wet suits. When the sun appeared, it was a pleasant surprise and it pushed the temperature to what seemed a balmy 66 degrees. Notice the changing cabins. These are rented or sometimes owned. The interiors vary greatly. Some just have hangers and others are actually mini-houses with fridges, lounge chairs and potties.

On the way back to Deauville we encountered a giant dinosaur topiary that the local gardeners were trimming up for the tourist season.

Comments

1

Hello! Just visited Houlgate by way of googleearth...lovely architecture!
Do I am visiting Dear ille. What does Department of Barriere do?
The building is wonderful! Where ate you staying? I want to feel like I am there! So envious.

  kimberly Jun 22, 2016 11:24 AM

2

Hello! Just visited Houlgate by way of googleearth...lovely architecture!
Do I am visiting Dear ille. What does Department of Barriere do?
The building is wonderful! Where ate you staying? I want to feel like I am there! So envious.

  kimberly Jun 22, 2016 11:25 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.