Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Nelson and Golden Beaches

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 2 February 2009 | Views [459]

Farewell Spit, Golden Bay

Farewell Spit, Golden Bay

Drove to Golden Bay with an American called Mia (I think that´s her name) from the hostel.  The road trip took us though Abel Tasmen.  According to the NZ Department of Conservation; Abel Tasmen is and I quote…. “renowned for its golden beaches, sculptured granite cliffs, and world-famous Abel Tasman Coast Track. It also has a mild climate and is a good place to visit at any time of the year.”  However.....it was bucketing down with rain so I never stopped the car and continued the drive to Collingwood were the weather was lovely and sunny and just chilled out on the beach.

Further on there was a most beautiful beach at Farewell Spit, here, there are huge sand dunes surrounding the sandy bay.  It was really nice, and lots of opportunities for photos. Spent a while looking around, saying hello to the Sealions and watching the sun go down.

 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.