Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Rain Rain Go Away..........

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 31 December 2008 | Views [446]

Did I have my Cholera jab????

Did I have my Cholera jab????

  • Diving
  • Relaxing
  • Party

Went scuba diving in the afternoon.

Another major rainstorm hit the island again early evening....I was drenched. All the roads flooded, and similar to the previous night, it didn't deter anyone from continuing as usual. So donning my swim shorts.......there didn't seem much point dressing up....I waded to a local restaurant where a few us had booked a traditional Balinese buffet to start the New Years Eve celebrations.

The majority of the evening/night/morning was spent at Tir Na Nog...The Irish Bar.....which apart from the name, one of the owners, and a few pictures of Bono.....it's not particularly Irish at all. It was a fantastic night, everybody who I had previously met on the Island was there. Vodka Josses were the drink of the night. Basically this involves pouring a sachet of Joss Extra (Energy powder with taurine) into your mouth, doing shot of Vodka and then mixing both in your mouth before downing. Sounds worse than it is....but actually pretty good. So much so, I must have had about four of them. The taurine certainly kept me going.

Once the rainwater had drained away, it was long before everyone was dancing in the street to the early hours. Many of the local boys joined in with the celebrations, however, none of the local women.......apparently they're not allowed out.

Saw first sunrise of 2009 before heading back.

Memorable Points: More rain!!!! Party Party!!! 1st sunset of 2009.

 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.