Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Gili Trawangan, Indonesia - Major Rain Storm

INDONESIA | Tuesday, 30 December 2008 | Views [877]

The guys and gals from the dive school.  We had to seek shelter from the huge thunderstorm with only Bintang Beer........

The guys and gals from the dive school. We had to seek shelter from the huge thunderstorm with only Bintang Beer........

I’m so glad that I managed to get somewhere to stay, as I saw so many people with their backpacks being turned away from hostels and guest houses.  The Island is stunning…the waters are clear, the views across the water to the other islands are amazing, the beaches are white sand, no traffic…just horses to taxi people around……all-in-all I’m loving it!

 

The day before I had booked a 9:00am scuba dive, but this never happened as I was absolutely shattered.  So I booked myself up for an afternoon dive.   It was great, good marine life and warm clear blue water…a huge difference from my dives in the UK!!!!

 

Later went on to do a night dive  which was surreal but amazing…..although I did get a little freaked out when I got myself caught up on an anchor rope.

 

As we cleared up our dive kit the most amazing thunderstorm hit the island…..it is rainy season after all!!  Our dive group had no choice but to cover from the storm in one of the shelters….occasionally making a mad dash to stock up on Bintang Beer from the nearby cooler.  I don’t think I’ve seen a storm quite like it….the main street was flooded and I had to wade through a foot of water to get to the Irish Bar.   Had a great night and thought New Year is looking good!

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.