Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Road Trip - Day 1.....Vientaine - Ban Na Hin

LAOS | Sunday, 23 November 2008 | Views [518]

Got up in the early hours to get some kit before setting out on our road trip. Our destination was the near the Knong Lor caves some 300km or more east.  The road trip was amazing with a mixture of road and dirt tracks. 
The countryside more and more stunning; the limestone mountains made a beautiful backdrop as we raced through the roads alongside the rice fields and rivers.  It was a great sense of freedom being on the motorbikes.  Being dirt bikes there is no road that can't be passed.
 
Our actual destination was Ban Na Hin, near the caves.  It was a beautiful setting amongst the lush green countryside and mountains.  Tim and I agreed it was very romantic...ha ha!
 
We had seen on the map "Bomb Boats", not sure what they were, but sounded pretty interesting.  After a few hours racing over the countryside we gave up and headed back.  Not even sure if they existed as the locals didn't have a clue either!
 
Memorable Points:  Racing through the Laos countryside with the locals watching in amazement and waving

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.