Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Fighting Fit and ready for some tubing...I think

LAOS | Sunday, 16 November 2008 | Views [549] | Comments [1]

After a great night's sleep and rest, I was fighting fit again.....well almost.  Nevertheless headed down to the river early afternoon to tube down the river, this is basically sitting on a large tractor innertube and letting the river's flow gently drag you downstream....with the bonus of several bars along the way. 

It was a great experience drifting down, stopping by at a few bars, taking in the atmosphere.  The zip slide and water slide into the river from one of the bars was too tempting.  Not sure if my backside has fully recovered after bombing into the water from such a great height.  

I continued to float down the river back towards the town which seemed to take an age, this wasn't helped by the gradual decline of daylight and the cold waters.  I was only too glad to get back to shore and head back to the guest house.  Little too much too soon me thinks.

Comments

1

Have read your diary and are very impressed with all your travels - we'd love to book a holiday there ourselves! Keep well and safe - we miss you and wish you happiness you old hippy! (only joKing!!). Take care, much love Nigel, Gina and Marcus XXX.

  nigel Nov 18, 2008 7:57 AM

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.