Existing Member?

jnj away 2012...the journey continues

A fortnight in Provence and a little of the Côte d'Azur

FRANCE | Tuesday, 2 August 2011 | Views [418]

Tuesday 26th  – Wednesday 10th August (ongoing)

With apologies to Peter Mayle we are in the midst of “A Fortnight in Provence”. 

Whilst we eat-in a lot, our meals in the Provence restaurants have been wonderful – dominated by seafood and gourmet sauces.

The lesson we’re learning is that it’s easier to have a base where we leave the van and our gear, and we can go off for day trips in different directions…..particularly with the long Summer evenings.  It’s nothing to wend our way home at 10pm and it’s still light.

Now about our visit to St- Rémy de Provence – firstly a word about Nostradamus….born here in 1503 he’s still the hot favourite for the timing of the end of the world as we know it…..21/12/2012 is D Day, so make sure you’ve used up all your frequent flyers and taken all your leave by then! http://www.endoftheworld2012.net/nostradamus2012.htm

We’re overwhelmed here in Provence and the Côte d’Azur – an afternoon sitting on our camping chairs by the wetlands of the Camargue watching pink flamingos frolic, an evening of Bach and Liszt in L’Église Saint-Martin at St-Rémy de Provence, the famed vineyards of Provence, the terracotta roofs, a walk through the lavender fields in the Alps, bouillabaise by the water, and as for St Tropez…..what a world of glitterati and “being noticed”!!  It’s a swanky wanky playground of people with too much money and not enough brain power.  At least Brigitte escaped to care for animals!  A walk along the docks and we found ourselves next to the launch of the new (945) Ferrari….rock band, luxury cruise yachts, champers flowing….so where were you????  

 

About jimboandjanet


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.