Existing Member?

jnj away 2012...the journey continues

Dijon to Zurich then to Lüscherz, Lake Biel

SWITZERLAND | Friday, 27 May 2011 | Views [942]

Luscherz from the lake

Luscherz from the lake

Wednesday 18th May

Dijon to Zurich then to Lüscherz, Lake Biel

Every day is a new world – it’s Wednesday so we must be in Suisse! The border crossing was easy and to pay a one off fee for freeways (30 Swiss francs) which lasts until the end of this year was great! No more fumbling for coins at the tolls!!! We arrived in Zurich where our old Darwin mates took us on a royal tour of the old town…in beautiful sunshine, yet again…before we departed for another friend’s place, in Lüscherz, a beautiful village right on Lake Biel - we’re right in the Bouvier canton now! Lüscherz - Imagine a small village with dairy cows in sheds attached to or under the houses in town. Next to our abode, the cows were milked early then the roads were roped off so they could take them to the fields. Later that afternoon the cows were back in their stalls eating cut grasses whilst being milked. During the day these farmers also tended their crops, mucked out the dairy and cut more grasses for the evening cow feast in the dairy - they work long hours and they work hard. We liked that you could walk to the farms in the town’s main streets to buy fresh food and that down by the lake you can buy fish. The lake is picturesque. Boats take you across to Petersinsel, which we’ll have to save for next time…apparently lunch over there in the old monastery is highly recommended.

 

About jimboandjanet


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.