Existing Member?

No place like home...Thank goodness !!! For those of you that know us, you'll already know the story, basically we decided that we've both worked enough (I've been working for 11 years, Danielle for 11 Months) and that we deserve some long overdue R&R and decided to take in some sights....enjoy

Bungeeee

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 12 September 2007 | Views [611]

As we were in Queenstown, James decided to do the ´traditional´ thing and do a Bungy Jump. He jumped from the original Kawarau Bridge and got dunked into the river below! I was too chicken, although it did actually look quite fun!

After the  bungy we took another beautiful ride through the NZ countryside to Methven where James did some skiing on Mount Hutt (after driving up one of the scariest roads I have ever been on up the mountain!). Obviously we didn´t have ski wear with us, so he was wearing combats and jumpers, much to the amazement of some dipsy girl on the ski lift! ha!

Back to Christchurch, and to the Antartic Centre. The US Antartic Corporation actually have their HQ there which was quite cool, and we experienced a snow blizzard and saw cute little penguins! It has given us a taster and now that´s the next holiday planned....no kidding!

Leaving the South Island on a jet plane to Auckland...didn´t really do much there, just ate lots and wandered the streets!

Onto Bolivia, but a lovely 27hr transit via LA and Miami to contend with first....

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

About jamesanddan

Underwater us (we got in trouble for taking this picture as we didn't stay in our group !!)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.