Existing Member?

No place like home...Thank goodness !!! For those of you that know us, you'll already know the story, basically we decided that we've both worked enough (I've been working for 11 years, Danielle for 11 Months) and that we deserve some long overdue R&R and decided to take in some sights....enjoy

Planning over...counting down the days

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 20 January 2007 | Views [998] | Comments [19]

Well..

Here we are, all the flights are booked, ruc sacs ordered, Danielle flapping which means it's just a matter of weeks before we're off.  

I think Danielle's parents are very excited for us, where-as mine are...well very nervous!

This is our Blog page, so make sure you check it out from time to time, feel free to make any comments etc..

Speak soon

James (and Danielle)

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

Comments

1

Bless, look at you two - this is so sweet!!!

Oh and Thanks again for leaving me for 9mths!!! ;-)

Gonna miss you both but looking forward to all the stories!!
x

  Kelly Jan 21, 2007 4:21 AM

2

Now James, just you look after her, OK ?! Seriously, you will have a great time. I look forward to you coming back to talk to Rotary about your trip. Danielle said you would both do it OK ? If in California, give Becks a call. You might get a game. Danielle can go shopping with Victoria aye ?!

  graham Jan 22, 2007 9:44 PM

3

Ahh i'm so excited for you both (and jealous, obviously).
James, you do realise Mum is going to have kittens when then day comes that you actually have to fly. Considering she's fussing loads over you now. YOU WAIT.. HAHA!
I cant wait for some of the photos of you both roughing it too, i haven't seen any yet but they'll be classics no doubt.
Well Ta-ta for now x

  Selina Feb 7, 2007 7:52 PM

4

Hope you have a great time roughing it although still not convinced that your budget will last! You are going to have to do some serious bar work - hey Dan!!

Best of luck, am not jealous at all xxx

Be careful and keep up the postcards, George x

  George and Liz Feb 10, 2007 6:34 AM

5

I really can't belive that Danni is going to live out of a back pack for 9 months, is the Gucci luggage following on seperately?

Good luck to you both and enjoy. We will look forward to your tales!!

Your everloving AuntXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

  Basia Feb 19, 2007 10:17 PM

6

I'm so looking forward to hearing about the first thing you lose, or, the first night you here other people do things they shouldn't in a 16man dorm, or, how annoying it is to keep carrying your wash bag to the showers along with brushing your teeth in the shower! It's genuinely the stuff dreams are made of!

Only kidding team, you'll love it. A journey of epic proportions... it'll keep you together like evostik!

Good luck throughout, and love to you both.

'Gold, always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know, your indestructible...'

  A Legend Feb 21, 2007 7:33 AM

7

Seriously James....your friends are odd!! Loving the Spandau Ballet though!!

Just so everyone knows - this is the first time i've been on here as James has TAKEN OVER completely + i'm not 'flapping', i'm very cool and collected, James on the other hand.......hmmmm (if you know him at all, you'll know!!)

Thanks for the comments!

xx

  Dan Feb 21, 2007 7:48 AM

8

So not many days left in old blighty.Rose is envious of you two as it is a long time since she embarked on a journey like you are doing.I think you may struggle on your daily budget(a bit),and I understand that you are chasing the global winter(no suntan then).Enjoy the trip and be safe.Keep in touch. Lambo. p.s maybe we can have a drink before you go.

  lambo Mar 8, 2007 2:55 AM

9

Guess it was about time that i scribbled a few words on this site.
Have to say that both Danielle and James are keeping 'quite' cool,and over any wobbly bits now, i think? just getting down to the nitty gritty travel preps.
But, of course as its gets closer this will probably change!!
I know for sure that i will feel quite bereft after their departure, it was bad enough when Dan went to uni. and that was only 2.5 hours away (when danielle drives that is!)However, I am absolutely thrilled that they have this opportunity and that they have each other to do it with.
i think i'm rambling, so bye for now.........mum xxxx

  krysia Mar 14, 2007 6:40 PM

10

You are doing someting I wanted to do in my teens but somehow never quite got round to it. So, as you know, I got others to pay for me to see some of the world, but this was nothing quite like your plan! The best times overseas were always with mum (Dan) Krystyna (James), so you two be there for each other, through the good as well as the bad times - looking forward to following your progress. See you at Changi.
Dad (Dan) Malcolm (James ! - The Kite Criminal)

  Malcolm Mar 16, 2007 12:20 PM

11

Just so everyone knows......I'M REALLY REALY SCARED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

  Dan Mar 18, 2007 2:26 AM

12

£15.00 a day, you have to be joking - this is the girl that has £200 jeans! Shocking! Going to miss your cleaning obsession around the office, BUT don't worry you can get some serious 'Monica' sessions going in the DORMS and communial bathrooms (just wear gloves!!!) Take care & keep in touch - you are both VERY lucky to have this opportunity so treasure every minute!! x x

  Lou Mar 18, 2007 3:24 AM

13

(For Jmmy)Mate why u leavin?? footy just got intresting and ya gonna miss tha final :(:(:( gonna cry!!! haha n e way have a gd time. will try and enjoy are last 3 games togeva...gonna b so borin without ya. i could go in depression but il be counting the days till xmas lol Just remember to invite me aswell next time.
(For Dan) well ive never met you but im sure ur a nice girl????? just kidding..have a great time

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDanny Crumpxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Danny Crump Mar 21, 2007 10:12 AM

14

This is a really gay message (feel free to take the piss!!), but just a little one for James to let him know that I'm really excited about our trip together (finally) and although the travelling alone's going to be one heck of an adventure, doing it with him is going to take it to the next level, make it completely unforgettable and will probably be the best nine months of my life!!! Love You xx

  Dan Mar 23, 2007 3:16 AM

15

can,t wait for december make sure you look after yourselves.

hope you both have the adventure of your lives and remember we are here and to have fun and to bring us at least a stick of rock from absolutely everywhere and hang the weight....

  angela and brian Mar 26, 2007 6:37 AM

16

Nana you don't need james, don't worry your being paranoid!!!

If you need any hugs ring me !!!

  george Mar 26, 2007 5:36 PM

17

Just said my goodbyes to the 'kite criminal' and his accomplice!! Wasnt easy and i couldnt manage many words...therefore, would like to say to both of you,HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS TIME OF YOUR LIFE!

Lots and lots of love
Mum/Krys
xxxxxxxx

  krysia Mar 27, 2007 1:21 AM

18

Dan: Well i've finished crying after my hugs goodbye, still choked up writting this though (god i'm hopeless and such a girl!) Hope you guys have a fab time, already missing you from the office, its dirty the plants are dying and i miss coming in to clean bowls! AND most of all you to tell all my worldly traumas too! Going to miss the "drops" the body hunting (don't ask!) and the general madness that made working and being your freind fantastic! So hurry up on home! But have loads of fun on the way round - feel free to send me stuff! ;-) Email me if you need ANYTHING! LOVE YA LOADS XXX

  kelly Mar 27, 2007 5:43 AM

19

Heyyyyyy!
hope your having fun! everyone keeps asking me if i miss you. im like...well no! she's only gone for a week! teehee. im sure i will miss you soon though. loving the clothes.. = )
take care. love you lots and jelly tots. xXx

  kaylmacdale Mar 29, 2007 6:11 PM

About jamesanddan

Underwater us (we got in trouble for taking this picture as we didn't stay in our group !!)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.