Existing Member?

No place like home...Thank goodness !!! For those of you that know us, you'll already know the story, basically we decided that we've both worked enough (I've been working for 11 years, Danielle for 11 Months) and that we deserve some long overdue R&R and decided to take in some sights....enjoy

Arizona, the state with the Canyon!

USA | Saturday, 1 December 2007 | Views [774] | Comments [1]

Arizona - The Grand Canyon State (original!)

From Vegas we drove through the desert to The Grand Canyon via Hoover Dam (not that impressive - we were more impressed with the new road they were building!). We got to the Grand Canyon for sunset, took a few pics - very pretty, although James was very unimpressed (its 'just a canyon' apparently!), then the next day I got up at 6am to get down there for sunset and OMG it was freeeeeeezing!! Cool to see though (and to see that time of the morning, freaky!).

Our next stop was Kayenta, a town in the Navajo Indian Reservation, and oh my goodness could you tell; the lifestyle is so different to everywhere else we've been, and it actually felt like we were back in South America. We couldn't help feeling that the Indians are really hard done by...

That evening we sat in a Laundrette for about an hour, which was fun (an experience, as i've never really been in one! ha!), ate a burger (getting to be way too common nowadays) and watched CSI all night....what a life!

We then did the 17mile scenic drive around Monument Valley, which was really weird - there are 'buttes' jutting out of the valley, that are actually so pretty - we had a better time there than the Grand Canyon actually, especially as we got there early and were about the only people there. Well worth a visit to anyone going to Arizona, the little Indian shops are so sweet as well - we picked up a few momentos (but unfortunately not the bracelet on the front of the LP - they were trying to charge $200 for it!!!!!!!).

ps. sorry for the lack of pics on the blog - can't seem to find a proper internet cafe.

Dressed as Yanks!

Dressed as Yanks!

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

Comments

1

The north rim of the Grand Canyon is worth visiting but you need to hike. The view is more spectacular. You can follow the ranger for a night outing, just for star gazing.You never realise that there could be so many stars out there until you sat on the rock and there are millions of twinkling stars in the sky. The sight is simply captivating. And you can actually see satellite too,like a moving star.

  Serteck Oct 16, 2008 12:50 AM

About jamesanddan

Underwater us (we got in trouble for taking this picture as we didn't stay in our group !!)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.