Existing Member?

No place like home...Thank goodness !!! For those of you that know us, you'll already know the story, basically we decided that we've both worked enough (I've been working for 11 years, Danielle for 11 Months) and that we deserve some long overdue R&R and decided to take in some sights....enjoy

Cultural Cusco

PERU | Monday, 22 October 2007 | Views [734]

Our journey to Cusco was a little different than normal, in order to save some cash (to spend on a 1hr flight from Lima to Cusco, instead of another 18hr bus ride as we´re both sooooo over buses), we decided to sleep at Lima´s Jorge Chávez Airport, which wasn´t great as they inconviently don´t have beds! Eventually Danielle managed to get some sleep in a booth in a cafe, whilst I got to know my Ipod beter!!!

We arrived at Cusco and checked into our beautiful hotel called Nino´s hotel, which was set up in 1998 as a fund raising hotel for the street kids of Cusco, we even saw a couple of kids knock on the door for bread during our stay.

Cusco is a beautiful city, with hundreds of buildings from the Inca empire, cobbled stoned streets and locals that always seem to be smiling. As we expected it´s a very touristy place, but that doesn´t detract from its beauty. The side streets are littered with local sellers, including some very cute children that we always seem to befriend, playing cards, footie and paper, sissors stone!!

Yesterday was our ´English day´ which started with a fry up at the local English pub, where they even serve Green King IPA and Suffolk Strong ale, then we carried on to watch England v South Africa in the Rugby, which despite the result, still was a good afternoon, in the pub that was packed with England supporters (and one rogue South African!). In the evening we ventured out for something safe to eat (pizza and Lasagne), and to a restro-bar called Fallen Angels, the evening ended early a our ´safe food´ appears to have given Dan food poisening!!

We´ve spent today (Sunday) doing not alot, due to the fact that Danielle´s been in bed all day, feeling very sick and poorly, not what she needs as we supposed to be starting the 4 day Inca trail tomorrow. Fingers crossed Danielle will ve better, I´m sure the thought of all the photograph oppourunties on the Inca´s will be enough that even a herd of Llama couldn´t keep her in bed!!!

Love as always

James & Dan xx

Tags: You HAVE to visit this place!

 

About jamesanddan

Underwater us (we got in trouble for taking this picture as we didn't stay in our group !!)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.