Existing Member?

Gemma's World Teaching Journal My pictures and comments from my teaching experiences abroad.

Christmas and Matehuala

MEXICO | Thursday, 3 January 2008 | Views [9401] | Comments [1]

Well, I did a lot over the xmas holidays, and enjoyed my new camera that Ed brought me from Spain to replace my old one which gave up on taking landscapes to my annoyance...  We visited Matehuala, Real de catorce and Zacatecas and of course spent some time in San Luis Potosi as well.  It's going to take a while to get all the photos i want to put up on here so I'm going to do it in installments, plus my comments will come in installments as i put each set of pics up.

So, Matehuala.  We basically only visited this town because we had to change buses here on the way to Real de Catorce and the next connecting bus when we arrived was fully booked so we had to wait for almost 3 hours.  We got a bus into the town centre.  It was small and not as pretty as San Luis, but we had lunch and wandered round, looked in the cathedral (which was surprisingly bare for a Catholic church - It was the first plain one I'd seen and it was really different but still pretty and nice to visit).  There were a couple of squares in Matehuala - the first being the one with the cathedral and lots of shops - right in the centre and then plaza de Armas which was prettier, greener and not so busy.  We enjoyed looking round and admiring the xmas decorations and then started wandering slowly back to the bus station.  We found another nice park on the way but finally got back to the bus station and waited for the little bus to Real de Catorce and ate ice-creams and peanuts.  The journey to Real de Catorce was quite long but worth it...

Welcome arch in Matehuala

Welcome arch in Matehuala

Tags: On the Road

 

Comments

1

en realidad que puedo decir matehuala no es lo mejor, pero si es un lugar tranquilo y pues soy originaria de ahi. me da mucho gusto que haya personas que se tomen el tiempo para ir a descubrir las bellezas con las que cuenta nuestro lindo san luis potosi.

  lorena Oct 2, 2008 3:42 AM

About gemma

My friend Elsa's house and me

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.