Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Hong Kong, Thursday 2 August

HONG KONG | Thursday, 2 August 2018 | Views [199]

View from the Peak

View from the Peak

Happy birthday Sophie

Jet lag is no fun but ideally, we will be right by the time we hit Albury 😊.  Decided to do the tram tour.  There is basically a hop on hop off tram that give you information about Hong Kong and its past and it was good.  The information was interesting, but I really liked the double decker open top unique tram that we viewed the sites from.  It was a one-way trip along the top of the island, so we wandered back through both the main and side streets as far as Central taking in the place and its people.  At Central we diverted to “The Peak” funicular which took us up to the highest peak in Hong Kong.  It was a bit of a worrying ride – the incline at times felt like it was about 45 degrees but the view from the top was worth it – it was great.  You could see for miles.  So much of the island is reclaimed land – anything that is flat.  After taking our fair share of happy snaps we wandered back home to check out the roof top (32nd floor) pool and spa.  Great views and I was quite happy, but Ian said it was like bath water 😊. 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.