Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

New York, Thursday 7 July

USA | Thursday, 7 July 2016 | Views [132]

Brooklyn bridge

Brooklyn bridge

Started the day a bit late as we are all getting tired - but there is still so much to do! Caught the subway down to the Brooklyn Bridge and went for a wander across this engineering marvel on our way to Brooklyn wharf. The weather continues to be warm and a bit muggy, so having got there we caught the ferry back to Wall St which was nice. Walked all the way down Wall St on our way to the 9/11 tribute centre. This was a tour done by two people who were affected. All the guides for this are those who were involved in the bombing, the clean up or lost family. One of our guides had been involved in the cleanup for months and the other had lost her brother. The each told us a heart wrenching tale of how it was and how they dealt with it. There was not a dry eye. Mallory and I the went and checked out the FBI (from the outside) and then Hayley, Brydie and I went off to Matilda. It was excellent. Really enjoyed it. Ian and Mallory went out for tea and to Harry's rooftop bar before we all met at "The Back Room" which was a genuine speakeasy during Prohibition. To keep with the theme the drinks were served in cups or mugs and there were a few secret doors that the staff used. Another very good day.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.