Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Vietnam, Monday April 13

VIETNAM | Monday, 13 April 2015 | Views [318]

Ian at the Temple of Literature under a bell

Ian at the Temple of Literature under a bell

A long day but not a tough one. We caught the bus from Sapa to Lao Cai where we stopped and checked out China. It was just across the river, it was quite weird. I did ask if we could walk across the bridge and back, but as our Visa for Vietnam is single entry the answer was a resounding no. Ended up in Hanoi for a late lunch. We checked out another training restaurant, and again the quality was excellent. We then visited the Temple of Literature, which is the first of Vietnam's universities and it was established initially in the 10th century. Much of the information and structure was around Confucius and his teachings, and there are stones carved with the names of those who successfully completed their studies through to the 14th century.  I thought the traffic everywhere else was bad, but we attempted to get around in Hanoi at peak hour and walking across the road was a major exercise in not getting flattened. Ended up safely at our motel, then out for tea with the group.

 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.