Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Vietnam, Sunday April 12

VIETNAM | Sunday, 12 April 2015 | Views [308]

At Cat Cat village

At Cat Cat village

In the morning we took the bus, with our excellent driver, Su Mi, and went down to the Binh Lu markets.  The markets were not particularly interesting in themselves, but the hour long drive goes through some of the most spectacular scenery in North Vietnam.  The weather yesterday is long gone, the sun is out and we couldn't ask for a better day to be checking out the scenery.  Unfortunately our photos don't do it any justice. After a bite to eat back at the motel, we walked down to the village of Cat Cat with its waterfall, another H'moung village. The countryside is so steep that the walk was mainly all stairs, and again spectacular scenery. At the bottom the villagers performed some local dancing and music for us tourists. The majority of the group caught the bus back up, but a few of us braved the walk and made it back to the motel feeling better for it. Ended up in the Mountain Bar for a few cocktails, where we met a couple of other travellers, and I got to practice a bit more of my German.  See the photo album for extra photos!!

 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.