Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Monday 5 August

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 5 August 2013 | Views [235]

The street of York.  Can you see the lean on the houses?

The street of York. Can you see the lean on the houses?

First day of consistent rain.  Can't complain about those odds! So we had an inside day.  Started with York Minster.  It is quite brilliant as they have recently dug out the Roman ruins underneath and made it into an interactive display.  The actual church was beautiful and dates back to the 12th century - glass windows included.  We the headed off to the Train Museum and saw many real trains including the original Flying Scotsman and some royal carriages.  Cristian and Uncle Jim would have been in heaven! We the caught the hop on hop off bus for a tour as half the upper layer was indoors thankfully.  York is a really pretty city and fortunately the rain the let up for us to have a wander round the quaint streets with the buildings that looked like they might fall in on you.  We ended the day with a walking Ghost Tour.  No internet here though - amazing how much you rely on it!

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.