Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Thursday 4 July

GERMANY | Thursday, 4 July 2013 | Views [222]

At the Hofbrauhaus

At the Hofbrauhaus

Got up and it was pouring but half an hour later it was over and basically the rest of the day was ok weather wise. Having had so much fun on the Segways in Florence we decided to try them here and they did not disappoint.  The machines were fun (apart from a small hiccup where I ended up on the ground) (IC - in the middle of a major intersection and the traffic came to a screaming halt but the guide was great and we carried on) and the guide was excellent sharing all sorts of interesting information about Munich which we would not have known - especially about the 3rd Reich and how it came together and progressed.  We spent what was left of the afternoon exploring Marienplatz and its churches and other buildings.loved the glockenspiel - but was very aware that it was a pickpockets paradise as you stand there looking up for so long. Ian spotted some of them, trying to achieve but most were well prepared. Ended at the Hofbrauhaus for a a couple of beers - each one litre in Ian's case and a total of a litre in mine. Der bier hier ist sehr gut.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.