Existing Member?

Continental Divide Trail 2011 close to 3000 miles through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and montana. May 1 start date.

quick update

NEPAL | Friday, 18 February 2011 | Views [518]

This will be oh so quick. I just won't have much internet on this trip with 2 weeks on a remote farm, 8 weeks of himalayan trekking and such. Tony and I are leaving at 5 am tomorrow for a bus ride across the country to our wwoof farm for a 2 week stay. No one speaks english in the family and all we know is that the farm is a one hour walk from the bus stop. Should be an adventure just finding the place. I just bought a bulky wool/fleece nepali jacket to add as a layer for our coming hikes. We just returned from our first trek of 7 days and I wasn't quite warm enough at 13000 feet, and we will be reaching 18000 feet in the weeks to come. I also just said goodbye to Daven, who made a stopover in nepal for a week to trek with us. I made him hike up to a temple the night he arrived and get up at 5.30 the next morning to see another buddhist stupa for sunrise before immediately hopping on a bus and hiking several hours to our first town stop on our trek, with a panorama of the langtang himalaya. We had a beautiful experience walking through remote buddhist villages made up of stone houses, terraced gardens and lots of animals. We ate the staple rice and lentils to our hearts content every day and enjoyed incredible views every day.

I will some day post pictures. Probably in about 10 months, when I finish the CDT. Last week we were riding elephants and spying on baby rhinos. Now it is time for some hard work and time to practice our nepali then off to annapurna.

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.