Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Bali New Years

INDONESIA | Friday, 1 January 2016 | Views [576]

Yesterday was New Years Eve here, and it started out like most other days-I got up late-and ate breakfast.   Then Elka came along with some of her friends, and we went out for her birthday to the restaurant next door of bagels, jam, and coffee. A quaint little place that played hip-hop music while eating breakfast.

 

After that, I took a walk to a doctor to treat my foot. Here in Bali, doctors are located in pharmacies-so I went to the pharmacy where the doctor saw me and told me she didn't think  my toe was fractures, and she gave me two prescriptions. The total cost for  her consultation and her two prescriptions was around $40.00, and actually my toe started to get better.

 

Around 3:00-Elka and her friends decided they wanted to go to a waterfall about 1 1/2 hours away by cab. Initially, I decided to go with them, but after 5 minutes in the cab, I changed my mind-as I didn't want to be in a cab that long to see another waterfall, so I asked the driver to drop me off ( I could walk back to the hostel from where we we're)

 

I walked back, but stopped for a massage at a parlor on the way. The hours massage was very nice-not the worst $5.00 I have ever spent.

 

Heading back to the hostel, I went to the rooftop to watch the sunset and read for a while-and then-New Years Eve dinner was served.  About 20-30 of us chipped in around $8.00 a piece for the hostel to cook dinner for us, and they served potatoes, salad and ice cream (and chicken).  The food was fine, but as per usual in the  hostel-the treat was breaking bread (and beer) with friends from all over.  

 

After dinner, we hired a few cabs, and 8 of us went to a club on the beach. We danced to the music, and watched fireworks over the Indian Ocean. Which was nice and fun, (more so for the others-honestly). Coming from Germany and Holland, the others may have never spent New Years Eve on the ocean. I of course have. At New Years, the we exchanged hugs and kisses, some of the others in the group smooched for  long periods of time. 

 

At about 3:00 am a couple of us left, by some guys on motorbikes who gave us rides (Which is common, and went back to the  hostel.

Tags: bali, indonesia

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.