Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Bali: We're Not in Jogjakarta anymore

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 30 December 2015 | Views [484]

Yesterday was my first full day in Bali, a town called Seminyac. As mentioned, I got in late the other night.

 

Seminyak is very different then the other parts of Indonesia I have visited such as Jogjakarta. People wanted to take my picture with me there.  I was one of the only white people there.  The food, the shopping and the whole scene was exotic. 

 

Here I am one of many while people. This is a big vacation spot for Australian's evidently. There are lots of souvenir shops and the like.  Vendors hit me up for everything.

 

That said it is a nice, relaxing place. I was tired of rice and noodles, so I had pizza on the main street. On the way back to the hostel, I fell, and hurt my toe once again, and the bottom of my foot, so I was in a little pain.

 

But I did get a good night sleep for the first time in 2 nights. I slept until roughly 10:00 am, and stayed here at the hostel until 1:00 pm talking with others. (I thought it was noon-but I learned later that Bali is an hour later then other places in Indonesia). I walked to the main street limping because of my toe, and had lunch. I had agreed to meet some people at the hostel for a trip to the Buddhist temple at 2:30-but I was almost an hour late and they we're staring at me when I walked in. (again, didn't realize there was a time difference of an hour).

 

We took two cabs to the temple, and sat and watched the sunset while drinking beer. Again, not traditional Indonesia but watching the sunset over the Indian Ocean doesn't suck.

 

Later on, we went out to dinner at some "Traditional place",  went to some club playing house music.  Then I limped home and went to bed. Along the way home folks stopped me to sell me things.   Two ladyboy hookers on motor bikes stopped to purvey their services.

Tags: bali, indonesia, seminyak

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.