Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Hostel Shuffle

INDONESIA | Thursday, 24 December 2015 | Views [507]

Yesterday I checkout of one hostel and into another.  First first hostel, called Ostic House was very nice and clean. I checked into another hostel called Laura's Backpackers.  I actually looked at booking Laura's Backpackers first-but it was full for the dates I wanted (This hostel was highly recommended), so I went to Ostic House instead. (Actually, after checking with Laura's Backpackers-I sent an email seeing if the dates we're available, and they responded they we're-but in the meanwhile booked with Ostic House to ensure I had a place to stay. I promised I would stay at Laura's if I stayed any longer-which I did.

It was sad leaving Ostic House,  it was very modern and nice and I made a lot of friends there.  The driver from Ostic House even drove me to Laura's Backpackers-which was nice, except he couldn't find the new hostel. He had to ask directions. I just wanted internet access so I could plug in the adress into Goggle Maps.

But  eventually he found it (JogJakarta is a confusing city).

The new hostel had friendly people, but it wasn't nearly as modern.  I did actually receive a private room for my approx. $6.50 per night. (it's actually a 2-person room, but I was alone last night, and hopefully for the next 2 nights).     

The new hostel is in a better location. It is close to Marioboro street, the main shopping steet. There was lots of action last night, as there was a Christmas fair, with lots of people wandering around, people selling batic shirts, wood toys, and weird food. There we're also amusement park rides. I wanted to buy a pair of sneakers,(I left my old pair in Jakarta).  I found one one size to small (Those we're the largest-Indonesian feet are smaller then ours!)

After wandering around-I went back to the hostel and went to bed.

  

 

Tags: indonesia, jogjakarta

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.