Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Bust A Move with My Javanese Noodles

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 23 December 2015 | Views [791]

Last night was movie night here at the  hostel. A group of us, to meet at 5:30 were going to see the new Star Wars flick. I have never been a fan of Star Wars. Since watching Return of  the Jedi in the theater I haven't had a desire to watch Star Wars since, so the last time I saw a Star Wars movie was roughly 5-10 years before the people I went with we're actually born.

 

Anyway, I wasn't sure what there was to do in the evening, and I enjoyed hanging out with  the people here, so I went on the roughly 40 minute drive to the to a modern shopping  mall to see the movie.

 

Now back in Europe, I mentioned that I give movie prices the "Bust A Move" test, where Young MC couldn't care less about the 5 he's blowing-so if the current movie prices are less then $5.00 (as they we're in that 25+ year old song) the movie is pretty cheap.

 

The movie here was about $5.00. But that's not all. This was a LUXURY movie theater. Only 8 seats across (maybe 60 in total, if that). .  Extra wide leather chairs that reclined with foot rests. shrink-wrapped bags with blankets we're if we got cold from the freezing are conditioning. And you could press a button  for the  waitress to come over to bring food. I ate a plate of Javanese noodles, which we're pretty good, the best food  I have had in a movie theater. (I have only had popcorn/candy before). 

 

The movie was the same as I remember all the Star Wars films-lots of flying saucers, light swords, characters attacking each other-and I really couldn't understand what was going on. Chewbacca, R2D2 and C3P0 still look great. Han Solo was back and looks better then most of us. Princess Leah was there too. I dozed off during the film.

Tags: indonesia, jogjakarta

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.