Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Parliament, Only 1 Pumpkin Spice Latte please, and Double Up on the Maroone 5

ROMANIA | Sunday, 11 October 2015 | Views [430]

Yesterday I awoke about 10:00 am, which is late for me. By the time I finished on the computer it was close to  11:00 am, which meant it would be too late for breakfast at Mc Donalds (not many places to sit down and have breakfast, and there is no free breakfast here at this hostel).

 

I wanted to see the Parliament building, which is one of the largest in the world-but once I got there I found the tour requires I show my passport (I thought drivers license might be sufficient). So I walked around-but I decided to go back to the hostel and take a nap. By this time it was close to one o clock, and I was tired from last night.

 

I am really getting into The Grapes Of Wrath, which I am reading, and wanted to find a place to continue reading and simultaneously, get out and see the city. So I walked towards the old town and went to Starbucks. I ordered one tall pumpkin spice latte, and the cashier rang me up for two-I guess she mistook tall for two.  I sat enjoying the drink, but this Starbucks was crowded and I left after a few minutes.  (I like Starbucks and admit it, and the latte is delicious). 

 

After that,  I walked towards the city center, past large communist style buildings and parks, and decided to take another break (after an hour or two). I found another Starbucks, that seemed quiet (there aren't that many here-I have only seen the 2 I patronized).  I  ordered another tall pumpkin spice latte, and once again, the cashier rang me up for 2.  I then sat at a comfy chair across from someone else-a friendly bearded Romanian dude, who kept talking about how he learned English, and wouldn't let me read the book. Every time I thought he was done and I opened the book  up he would say something else.

 

I walked around, and had dinner at another terrible Mexican Restaurant (there just aren't many good ones in Europe), and went back to the hostel in time for another pub crawl. Being Saturday night, this time it was crowded. We had fun, listed to DJ's playing songs by Maroon 5, and then a band playing songs by Maroon 5.  We then went to another club, this one more expensive and packed, I was there until 3:30-the others stayed later, and I went home and went to bed.  

Again I am feeling it this morning.

Tags: bucharest, romania

 

 

Travel Answers about Romania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.