Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Plain Ol Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Friday, 31 July 2015 | Views [582]

 

Yesterday was my final day in Prague. And to tell you the truth I am glad to leave. Prior to coming here, Prague was the "Talk of the town" in hostels-for three reasons:

 

(1) it's beautiful

(2) It's cheap

(3) It's fun

 

 

(1) Prague is beautiful-no question about it-gorgeous castles, churches and bridges-but not much more so then Salzburg, Edinburgh or Budapest

(2) Prague isn't the most expensive place I visited, but it isn't the cheapest either. Both Bratislava and Budapest we're cheaper.

(3) Prague is fun-but there is nothing unique in this fun. The bars looked the same and played the same David Guetta, Ellie Goudling, what they play anywhere else.  There we're even "Thai message" parlors all over Prague.

 

Truth be told-in the other cities it was easy to meet tour guides, etc who we're from those cities. Here  the tour guides I met we're from the Great Britain, Belraus, US/Canada-but nobody from the Czech Republic. The only person I talked to from here was a barista at Starbucks. (Yes an American company).

And Prague is overrun with tourists. Everywhere there we're American accents-more then I have heard anywhere since leaving home.  And there are business to serve em': Hooters, TGI Fridays, two wax museums, gory torture museums-(I saw at least two-they seem more like attractions then museums).  There are Thai message parlors and plenty of prostitutes. (they actually ask straight out for sex-they don't beat around the bush-That I admire).

 

Prague seems like the Bangkok of Europe-just a European Vegas alternative.  A place for the next Hangover movie.

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.