Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Synagogues Statues Sleep

HUNGARY | Wednesday, 22 July 2015 | Views [423]

Yesterday, I checked out of the Party Hostel and into  a mini-hotel. It is similar to a hotel that I have my own room, bathroom, etc-but there are only 6 or 7 rooms, and no receptionist. As a matter of fact, I arrived at the location specified on Hotels.com, and the guy took me to another buildings, which was a 5 minute walk and then 2 stops on the tram.  On the 2nd floor, there are about 6 rooms which are part of the hotel. But my room is clean and spacious-and after staying at the party hostel I don't take anything for granted.

 

Before checking out of the party hostel, though, I went to the Grand Synagogue, which is the second largest in the world, after a synagogue in New York. I toured it, and the adjacent Museum-which was somewhat interesting, particularly the parts of the Hungarian Jews in the Holocaust.

 

After checking in to the new hotel, I took the tram to the metro to a bus to the outskirts off town to the Memento Park, which is were all the statues of Lenin and other Communist era leaders we're placed. It was fascinating, but hot, and as mentioned far out of town.

 

By the time I got back in the late afternoon, I Caught up on some sleep. I woke up later and took a walk up Andrassy Ave, which is the main thoroughfare in Budapest, but returned around midnight and went back to sleep. I didn't realize how tired I was after 5 nights at the Party Hostel.

 

Tags: budapest hungary

 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.