Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Every Day I'm Hosteling

SLOVAKIA | Friday, 17 July 2015 | Views [444]

Yesterday, I took the bus from Bratislava to Budapest. The bus was about 40 minutes late.  And this was actually a pretty nice bus.  It had flat screen TV's in the seats with a variety of movies and hundreds of songs to play, a "bus attendent", who passed out complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate and an "in-bus" magazine. Sort of the Jetblue of buslines it seemed.

But that said, it was still a bus. My seat was near the bathroom, and you could smell it. A Korean guy next to me, as soon as the bus started moving, started eating a sandwich from Subway which he bought with onions, peppers. He even had a package of hot dogs (raw) you could tell he was begging to rip open and start eating. 

All in all, though, it wasn't a bad ride. I got to Budapest about 4:00. 

 Then I checked into the Hostel. The Hostel is called the Infinity Party Hostel. For those who think that I have gone off the deep on by going on this trip, this is proof: A 45 year old staying at a party hostel. The next stop is the loony bin.  

To use politically correct English-the hostel is a shithole. It looks like it is in an abandoned factory. The staircase walls' paint is peeling, and reeks of beer. The room is a mess, with sheets that are too small for the mattresses, and there is one toilet for 12 people-and the shower is transparent to anyone walking by-hardly ideal for a co-ed room. But at least this toilet works, from what others have said-that is not the case for other rooms in the hostel.

But the place is fun. I hung out with the other guys and played some drinking games. Then I went with some other guys to a bar and smoked a hookah-much like other things I smoked it did nothing for me, Other hostels we're boring-this place isn't boring at all.

And when I woke up around 6:00 am-the music was still going. People we're still partying. I go out for my job in the morning, and unlike other hostels, I am not the only one awake,

 

I got back at 2:45 am-which is pretty lame for this hostel. 

 

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Slovakia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.