Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehalp

SWITZERLAND | Friday, 3 July 2015 | Views [754]

One thing I like to do when I travel is ride tram, and subway lines to interesting sounding stops.  I saw a streetcar headed to  Rehalp. I had no idea what was there. Of course, Rehalp reminded me of the Amy Winehouse song. I took the 22 minute ride to Rehalp from downtown.

I learned 2 things

(1) Rehalp is prounced Re-Alp.

(2) There is nothing at Rehalp but houses

Yesterday was my final day in Switzerland.  Speaking of Rehalp, Switzerland is indeed like a powerful drug. Absolutely beautiful and euphoric. And so expensive. I could see a lot more of Switzerland, but to see more gorgeous mountains, valleys, pine trees, etc in amazing technicolor (the type that movies in black and white that we're turned into color looks like), would be too much. literally. Another week here and I wouldn't have enough money to do anything else. A meal at Mcdonalds could easily be $15.00. A Frappucino starts around $8.00. (I paid less for salads and croissants at a couple of  supermarkets called The Co-Op and Migros,  but eating all my meals on a park bench lacks something). 

My first days we're in Basel. Basel was ok for a day-but didn't offer the pristine views that Switzerland was known for.  The only things it seemed to have in common with Switzerland we're (1) outrageously high prices (2) German-speaking people who while not unfriendly, weren't exactly warm. 

But my friends friend took me out that one day to Lake Geneva, Gruyere, and other parts. And then I went to Zurich, Rapperwil, Heidiland, Lucerne, the mountain, etc, and it was incredible. Just mind-enhancing colors from from those the Sound Of Music, Mary Poppins, etc. 

Tags: switzerland, zurich

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.