Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Final Zurich

SWITZERLAND | Friday, 3 July 2015 | Views [435]

 

Yesterday was my final day in Zurich.  It was a nice day, but not a particularly exciting one. First of all, I purchased a Zurich Card which entitles the bearer to free transit within the city-free entry into the museums for 24 hours.  In the morning, I went to the Swiss Museum, which shows the history of Switzerland, including how it was under French occupation. Like most museums, it was interesting-until it wasn't. After about 1 1/2 hours, the exhibits started to become monotonous, and not very interesting.  Dresses made in Switzerland was one of the exhibits that didn't interest me.

 

I then went to the top of Mount Uetilberg, which is a mountain within the city of Zurich. A train runs from the main rail station to the top of the mountain. While the views weren't comparable to the ones from the day before when I took the excursion,-the view was still great at the top. I paid 2 francs to go to the top of the observation tower-and then hiked down to the base of the mountain, where I could take tram downtown. The hike supposedly is half an hour, but for me it was more like 2 hours, I think. I like to stop along the way, take pictures, sit on a bench for a few minutes and do nothing, etc.

 

After the hike, I walked around downtown again, took the train to Rehalp and back (more later) and took a boat ride (free with the Zurich card) along the canals. I really wanted to go out on the lake-but when I got on the boat at the lakefront-it simply went through the canals. I was a little disappointed when I got off the boat (where I got on), and instead of going back out on the canals, it went out on the Lake where I wanted to go in the first place! I sat along the river, and watched the sunset.

 

It was getting sort of late, and I needed to print out my documents for the bus ride to Salzburg, so I went back to the hotel.  

Tags: switzerland, zurich

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.