Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

David in Brusselland

BELGIUM | Saturday, 20 June 2015 | Views [552]

Throghout my travels, I have been utilizing public tranporation, where in Europe is generally very good. The only other transport besides public bus, train, tram (or plane), has been walking. 

Here in Brussels, there is one thing that I was wondering about, The hostel I am staying at is right next to a metro stop called Simonis, which is the end of the #2 line. (The trip downtown only takes about 15 minutes)  Looking at the metro map-it appears that the opposite end of the same train line is a station called Elisabeth, and according to the map, it is also nearby.  I wasn't sure if the map was distorted for convenience, and Elisabeth was actually on the opposite end of town.

I wasn't sure if I could walk to Elisabeth, or if it truly was on the opposite end of town, but yesterday-I found out.

Yesterday morning, as I did for the other 3 or so days I have been here, I entered the Simonis station to get on the metro, but I took a wrong turn in the station. I walked down four flights of stairs instead of two flights, and where did I find myself?-that's right! In the Elisabeth station. I looked around puzzled-i didn't remember taking a  a metro ride from Simonis all the way to the opposite end of the line that morning.  It was then I discovered-one level of the station is Simonis, where the line starts-and one level below is a Elisabeth (one station-two different names-go figure)where the line terminates.

 

Tags: brussels, transport

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.