Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

The Beer Tour

BELGIUM | Friday, 19 June 2015 | Views [444] | Comments [1]

Last night, I went on a beer tour. This isn't to be confused with a pub crawl-this is where a guide talks about Belgium beers, and explains how they we're made, the hops, fermentation, etc.  He also explained that the purist beers are actually made in monestaries by Monks, and there is a code of conduct which must be followed-for example, the beers must be brewed on the  monestaries, and cannot be owned by an Inbev or other large corporation.

I met some nice people, including a couple from Toronto in their 30's, a 50 ish couple from Chicago, and 2 guys from Israel who we're in Belgium for a gospel convention. (I did a double take on that one). Of course the socalization continued as the drinking went on.

After the beer tour, as a group we went to Delerium, which is a Brussels institution-it is a bar that has something like 4000 different types of beers. it  is here that the damage was done. The couple from Toronto bought me a pint of cheery beer with 8% alcohol content-both sweet and deadly. I bought them a pint as well.  And that was the end.  2 pints of that beer after all of the others sampled was deadly. Once again, I am feeling it this morning.

Comments

1

Lolll mon chéri!
xxooxx

  Dany McLean Jun 20, 2015 2:04 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.