Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Down Boy

SPAIN | Saturday, 6 June 2015 | Views [428]

One of the cool parts of Madrid is called Plaza Mayor-a huge plaza where people meet, resturants and stores exist, and there is a lot of history. Plus various entertainers ply their trade here. My favorite is some weird, creepy looking dog-with two larges horns, and sides made of silver and gold (actually as I found out it is a man in a dog outfit). The dog sits there, opening and shutting it's mouth and making funny whistling noises to attract attention. When someone throws a coin in the dog's collection basket, the dog starts flapping it's sides.  I first met the dog Thurs night, after I got it, and watched him again last night.

The only heartbreak with the dog was when the owner took a break-and left his dog outfit out in the open.  I wanted to believe it was an actual animal. Just like Santa Claus or Batman-we know it is a man in a costume, but I wanted to believe.

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.