Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Relaxing Bath

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 28 May 2015 | Views [422]


Yesterday I wasn't in the mood for museums. I needed a break from endless selfies (mine included), audio programs, buckets begging for donations,etc Plus here in bath they aren't that original anyway(with the exception of the Roman Bath Museum, which I saw yesterday). There is a museum of a house with old furnishings, (seen that), a museum of art (of course). Art is fine if it is indigenous to the area, but while a Monet, Rembrendt, etc may be great-I would rather save those for a museum from where Monet or Rembrendt lived-which usually gives background as well. Bath even has an American Museum-the biggest collection of Americana outside the US. Needless to say, I passed.
After the continental breakfast which is free at the hotel (I loaded up), I took a long walk around bath and the surrounding countryside. Bath is surrounded by hills on all sides, so I walked up the hill, past beautiful limestone houses, down lonely country lanes, and finally down a meadow with dandalions and buttercups, and then I took the long walk back into town (which was sort of hard to find). I then rested and went shopping at the pedestrian mall (every city here seems to have one), rested, and went for another walk to a scenic point overlooking the city. Then I walked back, rested, and went for dinner at a Caribbean-themed restaurant.
Not an unusual day-the only weird part is a girl introduced herself to me, and then asked for a light. Actually, a lie--iit. When I declined (I don't smoke), she talked to me for a second and asked the next person at the bar. Then she apparently forgot she asked me already because she asked me again.
Back where I am from, no woman would feign interest in a man by asking for a light-I mean, what is that? A tiny bit of lighter fluid? They would feign interest for a drink!

Tags: bath, fields

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.