Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

LightNight

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 16 May 2015 | Views [310]

Last night in Liverpool  was something which I thought was incredible. It was called LightNight Liverpool.  Over 100 businesses/art and cultural institutions took place. They stayed open late, and invitied the public to come in for free. There we're concerts, street performers, exhibits, you name it. The whole town was out.

I saw an series of short films in an art house cinema. They we're on fascinating subjects such as a man who was complaining that his new shoes we're uncomfortable. Another film was titiled "Antartica" I believe, and showed ice cracking-(and nothing else).  Still another showed former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, with puke coming out of an animated figures mouth. It was a lot for me.

I also went into the former Cunard building. It is normally a functioning office building, but in the old days when Cunard was headquartered in Liverpool, first and second class passengers we're processed in a most posh and fancy hall, it was elegant and beautiful-and there we're displays of what the meals looked like, suitcases of passengers, etc from the old days.  Maybe my interest stems from the fact that I worked for a sister cruise line in the same family up until a week ago.

There were also street performers, doing a play about esponaige and the ubiquitious red telephone books, concerts in the two massive Liverpool Cathedrals, and too much more for me. I was so tired I had a few drinks at a nearby bar after doing all that

 

 

 

 

Tags: liverpool

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.