Existing Member?

BAT out there

Last day in Philadelphia...

USA | Thursday, 27 August 2009 | Views [391]

So off to see some historic sights today and do a few chores.

Went to Independence hall and had a very interesting tour of the building, our guide was Larry and he bombarded us with loads of history about the declaration of inedpendence and the creation of the constitution and the various amendments thereafter. Have to confess a lot of it went in one ear and out the other cos there were just so many facts and figures but the building is quite impressive and the square behind it very pictursque.

Next was the Liberty Bell centre with all the history of the bell and then the actual bell itself which was about what I would expect it to be. Then i wandered around a few other historic sights but wasn't in the mood to pay for any of the attractions, including $2 to go into a cemetary, if i was religious I would question whether god would approve, but as luck woudl have it the grave of benjamin Frnklin was right beside the railings so i took a sneaky picture through the gap!

Then i went on my mission to purchase jeans, have a pair from Urban Outfitters now but not 100% sure they really suit me.  Difficult shopping for something like this when you want advise and there is no one around. Also went back to the lovely K Mart and bout a new bag, my day pack is slowly falling apart, seams ripping, zip not always working, so I now have a much bigger bag with wheels and everything.  the good thing is with US Airways and American Airlines I can take this as carry on luggage and for the flight home with Virgin I can check 2 bags so I have loads of room for all my rubbish.

This evening there was a pub crawl but after my expenditure of money today I decided to give it a miss and pack for Boston instead. However I hadn't realised there were free drinks at the hostel before everyone else left so i was able to be sociable and have  afew drinks anyway.  Chatted to another pair of British girls who have been working at Summer Camp and were very entertaining with their tales of everything that had happened to them.

Finally sorted out my stuff, am only taking one bag to Boston as I will be back in Phillie on Monday.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.