Existing Member?

BAT out there

I am never eating subway again...

USA | Sunday, 23 August 2009 | Views [394]

I have been sick and I don't know how many visits to the toilet since about 8pm yesterday.  Anyway not what youwant to hear  about.  Felt rubbish but was determined to get out and see some more.

Today's goal, successfully achieved, Arlington Cemetery. I saw, John, Jacqui and Robert Kennedy graves.  Arlington House, memorial to General Robert E Lee, the Unknown soldier's tomb and the changing of the guard there. The challenger and various other space shuttle graves/memorials.  The memorial to nurses, the Rough riders and I'm sure a few others I can't even remember now.  I also walked most of the perimeter of the cemetery and saw one corner of the Pentagon. All of this whilst feeling below par (no eating today, just lots of water I think) and catching the sun cos the weather actually turned out to be beautiful today.

After that I caught the metro back into downtown and went to chinatown to the cinema.  Was thiking about seeing the Time traveller's wife but had just missed the start so opted for District 9 which is probably the most unusual film I have seen for a long while but really good.  i liked the way it was shot as though a sort of documentary and was intrigued by the whols idea behind the film.  Worth a watch.

Time to get myself ready to move on tomorrow - next stop Philadelphia.  I shall be sorry to leave Washington as it is a very interesting city and there is still plenty I could do and see here.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.