Existing Member?

BAT out there

woo woo - riding the train to Washington DC

USA | Wednesday, 19 August 2009 | Views [328]

So basically spent the whole day on the train getting from Charleston to Washington DC.  10 Hours journey, but luckily much moe comfortable that the greyhound as the seats a much bigger and you can, of course, get up and move around.  I had a nice chap sitting next to me for most of hte journey.  He's from Jordan but has been in th eUK most of his life, he owns a pizza and sub restaurant with his borther in Alexandria which is just outside DC.  We talked about all sorts of stuff and he invited me to join him and his mates on Saturday for a night out in Georgetown so we will see what happens.

Made it to the Hostel OK after a bit of an argument with an officious member of Amtrak's staff and a battle with the Metro ticket machine!  But met two lovely girls in my dorm room, one from the Netherlands and one from the US and within half an hour we were heading out the door to a Japanese reataurant for some food and a couple of beers.  Had a lovely evening of good company and nice food.

All in all a pretty good day.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.