Existing Member?

BAT out there

Lazy lazy lazy

USA | Monday, 17 August 2009 | Views [322]

What is it with me right now, I just cannot get motivated to do anything and the weather is improving so I really should go to the beach but......

I'll let you know later if I actually manage to do ANYTHING today.  Nope didn't achieve a thing except walking to and from the grocery store - good old piggly wiggly, to get something for dinner.

So another new day and determined to see something I walked into historic down town at 11 am and at 5 pm I finally made it back to the hostel having only sat down for 5 mins in starbucks to look at my map and 5 mins in a pretty little square to just enjoy the peace and quiet.  Other than that I saw the Rhett Aiken House, the Washington Square, I went into the Old Slave Mart which is a museum and was very interesting if a little distressing just how many slaves were brough to this country and how badly they were treated and it didn't end there.  Once they were no longer allowed to import slaves they just went right on with their domestic slave trade - horrific.  Anyway next I walked to the waterfront garden, down East Bay street to the tip of the penisular that Charleston is on and Battery Park where there are lovely views across the harbour.

So I felt like I had achieved something today 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.