Existing Member?

BAT out there

San Antonio part 2

USA | Tuesday, 21 July 2009 | Views [169]

So another day in the city of swelter, did I mention that it's not much cooler here than Las Vegas in the middle of the day.  I thing Las Vegas was 44 and here (yesterday) it was about 40 - phew!

So off to the library this morning to get on that internet and get a few things done - like check if my useless tennants have FINALLY paid any rent (probably not) and who's doing what in Formula 1 these days.

Well that took hours but was worth it.  Then off to explore some more of San Antonio.  Walked another long stretch of the Riverwalk, very pretty but touristy near the centre of town with lots of restaurants vying for your business (not mine of course cos I can't afford it).  Then I trudged (yes trudged - it's hot remember) to the King William historic district and did a self guided walking tour - LOVED it, basically it is a residential district where a lot of the houses were built or lived in by famous people.  So many different styles of architecture, wouldn't mind one or two of them myself, and the streets are tree lkined Yipppeee SHADE, also included another little walk by the river, possible the prettiest stretch yet.

Once again exhausted and in need of nourishment I went in search of food and decided on baked potato - yes yes I know NOT mexican and in hot weather, but the restaurants are all super airconditioned. So I had Chichken, mushroom and cheese as my topping, well my eyes nearly fell out when the guy put about a pound of cheese, a field of mushrooms and a whole chicken, all delicately balanced on a spud about the size of Idaho!!!  Still managed to eat most of it though - felt a bit sick to be honest but it is my only meal today.

Oh and this would probably be a good point to mention that I think maube 80% of the people I have seen in San Antonio are obese probably morbidly!  How depressing - and loads of fat kids as well - Sad.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.