Existing Member?

BAT out there

Cruising down the coast

USA | Monday, 6 July 2009 | Views [182] | Comments [1]

So up early doors to get to the bus this morning and meet up with my next lot of fellow green tortoise travellers.  low and beholf the lovely Irish contingent were on the trip so i got to spend more time with Michelle, Darra, Johnnie and Cathl.  We were all please to stop after about an hours driving to get some breakfast and then move on to Santa Cruz which had a touch of the plackpool/margate feel to it as there is a funfair right on the beach.  no one braved the rides but a few toes were dipped in the sea and some strenuous sunbathing.  next stop was Monterey the setting of John Steinbeck's famous Cannery row novel.  There is a great aquarium here but at $29 I decided to give it a miss and just wander around the entertaining tourist shops and surf shops - more Billabong than you can shake a stick at here!

An afternoon drive along some truly beautiful coastline with dramatic cliffs, sandy beaches and rock shores.  Camping tonight was at the Las Padres (?) campsite in Big Sur and dinner was the green tortoise signature dish of Pesto pasta - yum yum.  Some intrepid people slept outside but it was rather cold and damp, i sensibly slept in the bus and was nice and cosy :o)

Comments

1

Awww, so you got to go to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk? It's lovely out there, lots of people, so much fun!! And Monterey, woohoo!!

  Racquel Jul 9, 2009 11:51 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.