Existing Member?

BAT out there

George to Rupert

CANADA | Monday, 19 May 2008 | Views [353]

Uneventful night in Prince George which pretty much seemed to be completely closed because of the memorial weekend!

Back on the train and we had screaming kids down our end of the carriage, luckily they weren't on for long and pretty much all of the other passengers sheered when they got of.

Sadly the weather wasn't great today so some of the scenery was mared by rain and we didn't see any wildlife.  Scenery did improve when we got to the Skeena river which was just enormous, swollen with melted snowrunoff waters - there were plentuy of places where you could see the water just pouring of the hillsides into the river.

Now as beautiful as all this is I am just about at the end of my tether now because I have been sitting for three days non-stop and am really desparate to get out and do some walking (Oh how I wish I hadn't been so lazy in Revelstoke). Hopefully things will improve (not sure where or when really but we'll see)

Now purely by chance of an overheard conversation we discovered that the daytime inside passage ferry we should be catching on the 21st has been cancelled, ship is still be re-fitted. So we have had to change our plans to go on the overnight ferry tomorrow - not wht we wanted at all and everyone else is a bit annoyed too but not a lot we can do.

Got to the Pilsbury Guest house where we are staying and the place is just hilarious. Every single surface is just covered with stuff and all very twee.  Our room is tiny with 2 single beds pushed to gether in the middle of th eroom and hardly room to swing a cat.  Also more nick nacks on every surface and wall.

Also discovered there is a "surprise" at breakfast! Our hostess is an Edith Piaff tribute act so she plans to serenade us - God help us.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.