Existing Member?

BAT out there

No I really can't stay any longer....

CANADA | Wednesday, 7 May 2008 | Views [312]

So last day in Toronto and Monkia and I deecided we would go to the zoo.  The weather seemed to be OK so off we set.  Well an hour and a half later after a street car ride, subway train and bus journey we got to the ZOO.  By now it had clouded over and didn't look too promising but we went on.  The zoo was actually really good and we saw loads of animals in the Africa and Canada bits.  I was especially suprised to see a real Moose as I dopn't think I have ever seen one before and they are a lot taller (long legs) than I realised and have very long quite ugly faces (sorry Moose). Also saw Bear, Cougar, Lynx, Bison and wolves (scary - glad they were in a cage). Sadly the Australia and Eurasia bits were not so good, mainly because it was getting colder and the animals had disappearedd.  Monika did see a camel though which pleased her as she woudl like to own one someday and maybe ride it along the route of the trans siberian railway. Most disappointingly the Great Barrier Reef exhibit which we had been told was open wasn't due to be complete until September - boo hiss.

I think my highlight of the day was seeing the cloud leopards - they seemed to be in too small a space for my liking but were so beautiful and playful.

Back to the hostel to pack :o(

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.