Existing Member?

BAT out there

Torontastic

CANADA | Friday, 2 May 2008 | Views [273]

So Arrived in Toronto and after a mammoth walk ( shoudl have checked the scale on that map) found the hostel which is lovely. Toronto down town kind of reminded me of London with lots of people not looking where they are going and cyclists going through red lights - home from home!!!

So now it's Friday and yesterday I got very excited about the fact that I could do a load of washing and have clean jeans to wear today - funny how the little things make such a difference. It looks like rain again today so museums will be the order of thday.  Given my well known obsession with shoes I think it would be rude of me not to visit the Bata Shoe Museum - yes a whole museum dedicated to shoes - what a splendid idea!!!!

I have so great people in my dorm at the hostel.  there is a Korean girl called Hannah who is training ot be a nurse, she is actually from Calgary so i am picking her brains about what to do over there.  Then there is a South African lady called Maeve who is in her 60's, she's been travelling around the states and Canada for a Montha nd goes home on Wednesday. And Monica from Munich who is in Toronto for some big conference on Magnetic resonance but she's more interested in sightseeing than going to the conference!

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.